Monday, May 31, 2010

"Promise to laugh with me, not at me."

I am officially a busy woman again. I mentioned I was working two jobs, well I will be working about 70 hours this coming week, and 50 the following week. Probably will continue at that same amount for awhile... It's a lot, but I'm actually enjoying myself. I find myself antsy when I'm sitting at home, bored and itchy to do something. Both my jobs are fairly entertaining and I work with good people. I get pissed off a bit at the politics and the way the Icehouse is ran, sometimes... but, it's like any major company: it fails at caring about anything but money and numbers.

I've also been working on improving my ice skating, and would like to say I am becoming an okay hockey skater. I still have a lot of work to do, but it's a start. I still find it funny Australians are the ones helping me learn to ice skate. I also get to watch hockey games as part of my job. For a person who fought the hockey culture for so long, I'm immersed and loving it!

Australians are a very weird culture, as I've touched on in the past. They have imported so many different aspects of life and tried to mesh them into one culture. It works, I guess, but sometimes it just leaves me shaking my head and laughing to myself. Their television, for instance, fails. Their morning television shows have informercials every 15 minutes in them. Their news shows are worse then our local news at home. They import most television shows, but the ones that are their own are a mix between trying to be American television and using British humour. It's weird.

I make this comment while I watch the "hollywood report" and their making fun of all hollywood, while trying to be slapstick funny. It just makes me laugh, in all the wrong reasons.

All right, I'm off to work.

Love,

Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment