Saturday, May 29, 2010

You're sex is on fire.

If you know anything about me, you know I like Paramore. They are a band consisting of five individuals (Hayley, Josh, Jeremy, Taylor and Zac), all from Franklin, TN. I have been a fan ever since December 2005 when I decided to look up bands on myspace in my new hometown. I have grown up with them. They were a little awkward band that no one new and I have watched them blow up into worldwide stars. Hayley is a sex symbol now. But, they've stayed so down to earth. They love Franklin and you can see them going about there own business there. They are the most down to earth celebrities I know.

It's stupid, but I think of them as "friends." Not in the creepy, stalker way... but, in the "if you hurt, I hurt" kind of way. When bad media comes out, I get angry. I'm slightly protective over them and hate all the new fans that claim they heard them first. (Nuh, uh, biotch, I discovered them first!). There songs are personal and I can relate to everything they say. When I'm happy, I listen to Paramore... when I'm sad I listen to them... angry, excited, etc... they have gotten me through so much in the last 4.5 years. I have seen them 5 times in concert and met them in various, random places around Nashville. They are like old friends that happen to have made it VERY big.

So, long story short... I had a funny day today where I lost (another) pair of shoes at work and had to walk home barefoot. I walked around Melbourne city centre barefoot and took the tram home... not a pleasant experience. So, I was laughing off my embarassment, feeling slightly ashamed of myself, but mostly just shaking my head. So, I get online, and find out that Hayley had a nude pic leak through twitter.

The picture is just of her boobs, obviously meant for her boyfriend of two years, but was sent to thousands of twitter fans instead. At first, I was shocked, then I hurt for her. I soon forgot about my bare feet and wanted to give her a hug. I didn't judge her... as I wouldn't judge anyone in that situation. We all make mistakes. I don't condone taking naked pictures of yourself, especially if you are a well known figure, but we're all human. She is a person who is sexual and wants to experience the same pleasures we all do. No one can judge another for wanting to be a little sexual, or silly, or playful... or whatever it may be. With technology today, you have to be careful. It happens every day that someone is revealed in a way that they would have cared not to. But, I don't really think it should make us censor ourselves to the point we are scared of failing. I am not judging her, nor will I judge anyone else in similar situations (I will try not to, anyways).

I have made mistakes, and so have you... so, I hope the media can let it go. Boobs are boobs... we've all seen them. Surprise! Hayley has nipples... Surprise! She likes sex.

Who cares. Welcome to 2010. Everyone likes to be naked.

hahaha but, seriously... I'm barefoot. I really need to stop losing my shoes (second pair this week).

No comments:

Post a Comment