Thursday, June 3, 2010

"My heart it beats, beats for only you."

I know I have written this before, and for sure I've asked this question to many of you, but it's a topic of interest again.

Why do we allow ourselves to fall, helplessly, for another individual, when we know how bad it hurts when it all falls apart? What makes us so resilient to this pain and able to bounce back to try it again? Or, why do some people give up on love all together, not able to bounce back? What makes us fall for someone so hard, anyway?

Everyone knows that I fled America for Australia because of a broken heart (it was one of the leading reasons, any ways), so what would make me want to try and look for love again if I know how bad it can tear me apart? I have friends who I have seen hurt so bad due to relationships falling apart, but then I've been right there when they jump, head first, into it all again.

Are we crazy? Why do we need someone else to validate us? What is it that makes certain people so attractive and make our heart flutter just at the sound of their name?

I'm sure everyone has also been the person to like someone so much, only to know that you come second rate to the person that they are really crazy for. They could like you, but that other person makes them weak in the knees. I've wanted so bad to make someone's knees weak over me, but you can't force that.

I have all these questions, but I don't have any answers. I will be there to support my friends when what they want so bad falls apart, as I hope they would be there for me.

Now, don't start worrying about me. I don't have a broken heart or anything, I'm actually doing all right for myself, but I've just been contemplating this lately based on circumstance. We'll keep fighting to fall in love, knowing that we'll probably fall apart.

Also, I don't think I'm going to come back to America in September... instead, I think I will go to New Zealand for a couple of months. I'm not ready to go back! :)

Sarah came back from New Zealand and sparked that interest a little more. We went and got a pizza and drinks with some friends last night, and I'm about to go meet them again in the city. I also work 13 hours tomorrow! Eek!

Love,
Michaela

1 comment:

  1. So I don't have an answer aout love but I found some quotes that pretty much sums it up. :)

    "Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile." - Elizabeth Browning

    "Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever." – unknown

    "One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." – Sophocles


    "We love because it's the only true adventure." - Nikki Giovanni

    "Love is friendship set on fire." – unknown

    "Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." - Erica Jong

    "Love is like war: Easy to begin but hard to end." – Anonymous

    "Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence." - Erich Fromm

    "We live for love, die for love, kill for love. It can be stronger than the drive to stay alive." – Helen Fisher


    "To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down."
    - Woody Allen


    I hope that helps. I LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete