Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Hey Honey, this is D.W. in Brizzy."

The title is from a coworker Darren that worked for CityMove in Brisbane. He did removals (moving) for us there, so when he called in, that's what he always said.

On that note... I'm in Brisbane (Brizzy)!

This city is gorgeous, and much different than Sydney. It's more like Melbourne. A lot of people slack off Brisbane as being boring, but I love it! The weather is really, really hot though, and muggy.

I have met some cool new people... a few from England, a few from Canada. I'm trying to make new friends! Still no job though. :(

Also, we went swimming in the "lagoon" today which is just an outdoor swimming area which is free to the public. Since Brisbane doesn't have any beaches, they built one in the city center! It was gorgeous and very relaxing... I took a nice nap on the sand!

Just a short update, I'm off to go sit on the balcony with Sara, Annie, and Will.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you/jealous of your travels all around what's probably one of the best places on earth! If I had any money at all, I'd come visit. Maybe if I get a real job soon...

    ReplyDelete