Thursday, January 21, 2010

Island in the sun.

Things that America needs to import from Australia:

*Fresh pumpkin sold YEAR ROUND to be used in veggie medleys
*Passionfruit
*Freshly squeezed juice stands on every corner (you watch your fruit/veggies go from whole to liquid in a matter of seconds!)
*Kangaroo (homemade Kangaroo steaks are the best)
*Cadbury bars at every gas station/grocery store check out instead of nasty Hersheys (now that Kraft has bought Cadbury they should implement this)
*Caramel Slices (like a little slice of heaven.)

Things that Australians need to do that Americans do right:

*Bacon (they just don't get it right here... it's ham here, not bacon, so stop calling it bacon!)
*Sausage (it's nasty here)

Other than that, I'm content.

P.S. I do more than just eat here... I just realized all that was based on food. I had no intention of that... apparently I'm really hungry.

---

On a much more serious note, I'm homeless in 1.5 weeks. Our lease is up and I need to figure out what the heck to do. I might just go back to hostel living, although I'm not really looking forward to that. I like having my own space, and you don't get that in a hostel. And, I have to live out of my bag... I never, ever feel clean.

But, I also feel much more at home not really ever knowing what I'm doing that far in advance. I could do ANYTHING tomorrow, and that is so exciting. Most likely I'm going into the city to book in a skydive for Feb 5th. Yes, that's right: skydiving ON my BIRTHDAY. Oh Snap! I just got really scared thinking about it... but, also really excited. You only live once, right? Might as well live it right.

Speaking of my birthday, I can't believe I'll be 23 in 2 weeks. I'm getting old, yet I still feel so young. I like that. Thinking back to this time last year, I was ready to sign my life away to a guy that I was crazy about... I wanted to be with him, no matter what it took: I saw us living together, me getting a job in Des Moines, etc... Obviously it didn't work out that way, and I'm soooo glad (times a thousand! ha!) I like that I haven't settled down (or settled for anything/anyone in general). Some people might look down on me for being this age and traveling, not having a permanent job/residence (hello homeless in 1.5 weeks!), but I love it. I wouldn't give it up for the world. I'm still too young to settle down into a job, or get married... heck, even get a dog... or a fish. I can admit that I'm pretty selfish and can barely take care of myself. So, no... I have no idea what I'm doing with my future... I may be 23 and completely lost, but that's okay. I really have no desire to have everything figured out... it's much more fun this way.

Until next time!

Teenagers by Hayley Williams

I'm gonna go on living like I never met you,
And it'll feel wrong at first, but I think I can forget you,
Ignore the fact that we sleep no more than three feet apart,
I feel you now your all around me, underneath me
Your all around me, underneath me

Well how was I to know,
That what we carved in stone would be so temporary,
So how was I to know that my first crack at love would not be the last,
It wont be the last

It's in the air now, bitter tears and broken hearts,
We're teenagers,
We count the years we think we're smart,
But we're not, we don't know anything.

So don't ask me where I'll go, cause frankly I don't know, and I don't give a shit, (Ahh-ahh-ahh)
Why must we all make sense of what just wont make sense,
For once I'm just gonna live, I'm just gonna live,

Teenagers, We don't know any thing,
We're tennagers, We don't know anything(Ahh-ahh-ohh)

Well how was I to know, that what we carved in stone would be so temporary,
I'm gonna go on,
Why must we all make sense of what just wont make sense,
For once I'm just gonna live,
I'm just gonna live.

2 comments:

  1. I agree full-heartedly with all this =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm. Fresh squeezed fruit juice stand sonds like a great franchise opportunity for you when you return. :) So I agree about the settling down thing. I am WAY too young to be a mother in law or grandmother! Also, I took a package of the TIM TAms to work with me. They loved them- especially LaTonya. They told me to tell you they want more! I also took the Veggimite too - it wasn't as popular, so I had to schlep some back home. Only 1 person (Clyde the new guy)was brave enough to try it. He ate the whole (indiv.)package. But said he wouldn't do it again. I agree, I tried one bite and had to spit it out...

    ReplyDelete