Saturday, January 2, 2010

All the best DJs are saving their slowest song for last.

2009: Started the year crying in Zach's arms. Finished that night by drinking an obscene about Tequila and made a happy start to the New Year. Ended January by hating school and hating life... lots of fights with the "boyfriend," the family, and the roommates. February 6th was the best joint birthday party ever... Sara threw up jello shots in the bushes of Valley West Mall, the same parking lot that I once peed in. We're so classy. Sung lots of Karaoke and made a general (sober) fool of myself. Started doing pointe and was running a lot. Hello hot body! In March Kipp and I officially got back together, putting behind us the whole last year, went to Chicago together and saw the blackhawks! Threw a Jungle Party with Sara and Jon... night ended with 15 people in our tiny apartment, most of which we randomly invited up from our balcony. April was the end of my relationship with Kipp (for good... seriously.), then two days later had to fly home because my Dad had a heart attack and was dying in the hospital, stayed about 5 days at home, missed some school due to his bad condition. He spent the rest of April in the hospital. I finished out April getting drunk at Relays and finishing the school year out right. Oh yea, I was also working a lot for Drake Athetlics. May = Graduation! June, I began my job as Assistant Manager at Atlanta Bread Company. I got paid too little and did too much. July 4th I went on my first date since the end of my relationship... went on second date with said guy... he had a weird fascination with the band-aid on my leg. There was no third date. Began talking to the ex again, he apologized for the past, and began seeking therapy. I began playing guitar again. August was my parent's birthdays and I just remember lots of fights with my parents and being very depressed all summer and it building up into pure hatred during this month. September, I went to Des Moines for a week and remembered how much I missed... it was good to be "home" and see my friends. Spent time in Kansas City as well, which is my true home and got to see lots of old friends and family! Also saw my ex for the first time since April... went over well and he took me on a date... the first one we'd been on in a year! That week and a half seeing everyone cheered me up enough to get me through my next month and a half at home. October was work, work, work... trying to save up money to get the heck outta Tennessee! End of October the ex visited me... made me realize that I didn't feel the same about him anymore. Was ready to leave! Halloween I left America. November 2, I arrived in Sydney to a cold morning. Met new friends, got an apartment, got a job, spent 3,000 dollars in one month and got a tan. December I officially cut the ex out of my life forever and am the happiest I've been in a very very long time. Lots of sight seeing and being a stupid American... Christmas Day was spent rolling around Bondi Beach, tequila in hand. New Years Eve was spent sitting on the grass above Sydney's Harbour, with the Opera House to my right and the Harbour bridge right in front of me. Saw some fireworks, got a New Years Eve kiss (first one in my life!),sighed... and smiled. I am truly happy. I haven't been able to say that in a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long time.

Could have given up so easily
I was a few cheap shots away from the end of me
Taking for granted almost everything that I would have died for
Just Yesterday
Honestly, can you believe we crossed the world while it's asleep?
I'd never trade it in, cause I've always wanted this!
It's not a dream anymore! No.
It's not a dream anymore! It's worth fighting for.
Phew. What a year! Here's to 2010 and hope that your year to come is everything you want it to be and more!

I plan on living like there is no tomorrow, not wasting my time on things and people that only hurt me, and trying to be the best person I can be.

It just takes some time
Little girl, you're in the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be all right
You know they're all the same
You know you're doing better on your own, so don't buy in
Live right now
Just be yourself
It doesn't matter if that's good enough for someone else
Thank you to everyone who was there for me (the good times and the bad)... you all mean so much to me!
Love,
Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment