Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gues who's back? Back again... (Shady's back! Tell a friend!)

Just got back from a four day vacay in Melbourne/Geelong/Queenscliff. I went alone, but rarely felt that way. I met friends in Melbourne and Queenscliff and ended up having a really great time.

I had a lot of firsts this weekend...

1. Was picked up in CityMove removalist truck (4 tonne moving truck for the company I work for) in the Melbourne CBD by two guys who work with me to go to lunch. First time I've gone out to lunch in a moving truck.

2. Was picked up that night in the same truck to go bar hopping... again, a first.

3. Had no plans, totally guessed my way over to Geelong, hung out for the day, and guessed my way down to Queenscliff (I never used a map all weekend... and surprisingly, never got lost).

4. Met an Australian and German in my hostel and stayed up all night talking, playing cards, and drinking wine! Some of the most fascinating people I have met so far.

5. Went swimming/snorkeling with Dolphins AND Seals in the Pacific Ocean! Absolutely amazing. There are no other words to describe it.

6. Flew out of the smallest airport EVER... two gates. That's it... Even the Cayman Island airport was bigger than this one!

I spent a lot of time listening to music, reading my book (Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult... highly recommended! I finished it in 3 days!), and thinking (lots of thinking...).

Look for pictures soon...

I'm off... (like a prom dress on prom night... oh snap).

Michaela

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you had fun. I can't wait to see your pictures from snorkeling and things. I know they will take longer to get uploaded since you had to go the old fashion way and (gasp!)use a film camera. :) I guess you are back to the grind and working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snorkeling with dolphins?!? I can't even begin to describe how jealous I am right now since dolphins are my favorite things EVER...other than you, of course :) Sounds like you had such an amazing time on your little trip. Hope you have many more! Florida's fun so far, it's only my 2nd day on the job (first full day, though). It includes TONS of reading and editing, but I'm liking it! The people are great here, too. Hooray!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am back at work... hit the ground running on Sunday! And, I worked 12 hours yesterday!

    It was amazing to be that close to wild dolphins! I wasn't allowed to touch, but it was definitely worth the money! I'm glad that you are enjoying your job. All the reading doesn't sound fun... but as long as you enjoy it! Is it warm down there? It got up to 103 degrees here the other day, and it was miserable... but, much better than -10 degree Iowa weather!

    ReplyDelete