Sunday, January 24, 2010

I wish the sun would come out to play...

I've been sick this weekend... spent most of the weekend with my head in the toilet, emptying the contents of my stomach (by the time I got to numbers 3, 4, and 5 there was nothing left, but my stomach apparently thought otherwise.) I'm feeling better though... successfully kept down a Hungry Jack's (Burger King) meal for lunch!

I've decided that nothing makes a person more homesick than being sick. I miss my friends and my family... I miss comfort and familiarity. The feeling is a little less so today, but yesterday I was wanting to be at home so bad. I also miss Chinese food... like, China Place, where you get heaps of greasy food for so cheap. And, they deliver it to your front door, even when you live right next door, but it's just too cold to leave! I also miss baking cakes/brownies/cookies at least twice a week with Sara... eating about half of what we baked in about 24 hours. Sometimes even all of it... like eating a whole box of stuffing or a box of macaroni cheese (family size) in one sitting. Or, watching the Hills every monday night, even though I really hated the show. Going to class (never thought I would say that) and trudging my way through the icy/snowy/slushy streets and guarding my face from the piercing Iowa winds (that you truly have to experience to believe... they're killer). I also miss Peggys and West End, and the occasional Dublin... of course I miss Wednesday nights at the Library (not a lot of reading got done here). I miss not having to worry about stretching my money... paying rent... But, hey... if you don't miss anything, you can't appreciate where you are and what you're doing!

All that aside, I booked a Sky Dive. I'm officially going to throw myself out of a plane on my birthday! Let the nail-biting begin.

Also, I went skinny dipping Saturday morning. Sorry mom and family... but, it was so fun! Nothing like being with your closest friends, deciding at the crack of dawn, after hanging out all night and meeting random Australians, to jump butt naked into the ocean. Talk about a thrill. I apologize to any tourists, or locals, who saw my pale butt. Check that off the lists of things to do before I die!

Okay, I'm off work and off to the grocery store... one day of work and then Tuesday is Australia Day! It's a public holiday, so I get the day off to spend barbequing my the beach... or whatever Aussies do on their "4th of July."

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the late night (or was it early morning?) skinny dipping adventure! Everyone needs to do it before they die. I'm still waiting for my time :-P Let me know how the sky dive goes! Sounds amazing. Don't die, ok? Haha. Missssssss yooooooou!

    ReplyDelete