Saturday, October 16, 2010

"Life is short, so be young and stupid."

I love fall. It has always been my favorite season.

The colors in the trees and the crunchy leaves on the ground. I like when the air starts to get a little cold and crisp, but the sky is still clear, and sunny.

So, on that subject... an American tradition is high school senior pictures, which I had done in fall. It's been 6 years since I had these taken.

That's six years of my life that hasn't happened yet in these photos. Do you ever do that when you look back at photos, try and see the innocence that was in your eyes? The naivety?

These photos are meant to be a send off from high school and a hello to college. In high school I was a shy girl who just hoped to get out from her hometown; she hoped there was a bigger world. Since this photo was taken I've moved to Iowa, Tennessee and Australia... I've dated and made friends, had broken hearts and lost friends. I've felt like I didn't belong and felt on top of the world. I've cried hard and I've laughed harder.

Six years of life have happened. Do you ever stop to take that in? Take in the weight of that?

Today, I walked home from work on a back pathway, admiring the beautiful orange, brown, golden trees... jumping on all the leaves on the ground, marveling at their crunch. I finished one week of work, being a master office receptionist.

Now, I get to spend the weekend hanging out then going to New York on Tuesday to see Panda and Rhino (aka Arron and Brooke).

Get out and enjoy the weather before it turns brutal!

Love,

Michaela

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to add that since then you have earned two degrees and survived college. :)

    ReplyDelete