Saturday, August 14, 2010

"Isn't it ironic?"

My life is funny. Funny things happen to me all the time, which usually don't happen to other people. I attract crazy people. I attract crazy situations. All in all, I tend to make a pretty big fool of myself day in and day out.

Don't worry, I excepted this years ago, so my tolerance for embarrassment is pretty high. I dare you... try to embarrass me!

I mean, my first day of moving in to St. Kilda a crazy lady chased me down the street. If that's not a good example, I don't know what is.

Last weekend was filled with hanging out with good friends, as I might not see them again for a long time (or ever!). Monday night, Rob, Arron, Jake, Tobias and I all went and played curling at the Icehouse. Yes, you heard me right... Curling! It's actually pretty fun, but I still don't get how it's an olympic sport... olympic game, maybe. Afterwards, we were going to the movies to see The Killers (not recommended, at all) with Shelley. While waiting for the tram stop, Tobias is playing with his hockey stick that he needed to take home and is hitting around a paper coffee cup. He decides to slap shot it and it hits me straight under my eye. Of all the places it could have gone, it hits me! Man, he has a powerful slap shot... I got coffee in my eye and a nice tender spot on my face. I tried to play it cool... but, man, I did not look cool in front of Rob. And, that's of course what is important. :P

Second, I went and saw my first footy (AFL, Aussie Rules Football) game at the MCG. This game is a mixture of Rugby, Soccer, American Football, Volleyball and pretty much any other sport thrown in for good measure. Jess, Keith, Arron and I all went... enjoyed typical sporting event foods, like meat pies and tomato sauce, calamari and chips, a chicken schnitzel sandwich, and a bowl of fruit. Jess and I were making note of how many birds were flying around the stadium and sitting on the field, while the players were in action. Not long after the conversation, I felt a warm "plop" on my head. I knew instantly a bird and targeted me. Out of the entire stadium, a bird hit me. I had to stick my head under the tap in the bathroom to get it all off. Nothing says "footy" like a head full of bird crap.

So... I repeat... my life is funny.

Love,

Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment